One of the most common aesthetic conditions today is melasma. Commonly found in women more than men, melasma is a series of hyperpigmentation that occurs in the skin. If you are in search of treatment to help clear up your skin, VITAHL Medical Aesthetics in Chicago offers a handful of cutting-edge solutions that can help you achieve your image goals of brighter, evened skin tone!
VITAHL Medical Aesthetics in Chicago specializes in physician-regulated non-surgical aesthetics to help bring your beauty to light. Our medical staff’s highest priority is your safety and satisfaction on the road to achieving your aesthetic goals. Explore our treatment options and find out how we can glamorize your image! Contact us today to schedule a consultation appointment!
What is melasma?
Melasma is a common skin imperfection that causes gray-brown patches in the skin. It’s often found on the cheeks, forehead, and chin, but can sprout up on any part of the skin that is frequently exposed to the sun. These gray-brown patches can appear more towards the surface of the skin (dermal melasma) or are deeper within layers of the skin (epidermal melasma). Both dermal and epidermal melasma are treated differently, which is why we recommend consulting with our medical staff to best determine which treatment option may be right for the type of melasma you may experience. Contact us today!
What causes melasma?
- Extensive exposure to UV light from the sun can influence melanocytes, which are the cells in the body that produce coloring in the skin, resulting in melasma.
- Hormonal changes can cause melasma. Pregnant women are likely to develop this skin imperfection with the hormonal changes they may experience.
- Certain skin care products may stimulate melasma by irritating the skin.
What treatment options do we offer for melasma?
- Facials are a revitalizing way to help erase pigmentation for an even tone!
- IPL – Intense Pulsed Light is a highly precise and cutting-edge treatment to equalize tone on numerous parts of the skin for a lustrous appearance!
- Microneedling is an innovative procedure that helps stimulate the body’s own moisturizing process to create silkier texture!
- PICO Genesis is a state-of-the-art laser treatment that gently warms the skin to help fade unwanted pigmentation!
- PRP Facial is an all-natural treatment option that uses regenerative properties found in the patient’s very own blood to repair damaged skin!
- Pearl Laser is an advanced procedure that can help alleviate pigmentation to enhance your skin’s tone!
- Pearl Fractional Laser is a more modern procedure that can help clear up darker and more severe pigmentation to give your skin a lustrous, evened glow!
- Sublative Laser Treatments are the new golden standard for influencing the skin’s self-correcting properties to clear up pigmentation!
Contact us today to schedule a consultation appointment and find out which of these exciting treatment options may be right for you!