Many factors come into play when our skin becomes spotty. While not detrimental to our health, hyperpigmentation can be afflicting to our aesthetic and our self-confidence. If any pigmentation is interfering with your ideal image or bothering you, VITAHL Medical Aesthetics in Chicago offers the most cutting-edge technology and treatment options to help clear up brown spots and other pigmentation! Find out how we can beautify your skin!
VITAHL Medical Aesthetics in Chicago specializes in physician-regulated non-surgical aesthetics to help bring your beauty to light. Our medical staff’s highest priority is your safety and satisfaction on the road to achieving your aesthetic goals. Explore our treatment options and find out how we can glamorize your image! Contact us today to schedule a consultation appointment!
What is hyperpigmentation?
Pigmentation is the coloring of our skin. Hyperpigmentation is when sections of our skin may become darker than others, resembling brown spots in appearance. While this skin imperfection is typically harmless to our health, it can make people feel bothered by their appearance. If you are discomforted with how brown spots are affecting your image, consult with our staff and see which of our treatment options may be right for you!
What causes hyperpigmentation?
Hyperpigmentation is caused by the body’s extensive production of melanin, which is the component in our skin that is responsible for its coloring. The most well known influence of hyperpigmentation is sun exposure. As our body’s soak up great amounts of UV light, our melanocytes (the cells in charge of skin coloration) are stimulated, creating darker pigmentation.
Hyperpigmentation and brown spots can also be created from pregnancy and Addison’s disease–a reduced function of the adrenal gland– as well as be a side effect for certain prescriptions like antibiotics.
What treatment options do we offer to clear up hyperpigmentation?
- Chemical Peels are a revitalizing key to help deteriorate pigment and brown spots for an even skin tone!
- PICO Genesis is an advanced laser procedure that uses gentle heating to help fade unwanted pigment!
- IPL – Intense Pulsed Light is a highly accurate treatment option to correct skin tone on various areas of the skin for a clearer look!
- Ovivo Laser is a state-of-the-art exclusive treatment to our practice! With the Ovivo Laser, our medical experts can help fade hyperpigmentation, so you can enjoy translucent skin!
- Exfoliation HydraFacial MD can treat brown spots and brighten skin tone for a younger look!
If any of these exciting treatment options interest you, contact us today to schedule a consultation appointment! We look forward to realizing your aesthetic goals of clearer and luminous skin!