For non-surgical skin rejuvenation that is non-invasive and backed by results, light-based therapies can restore health and natural beauty to your skin without extensive downtime. At Vitahl Medical Aesthetics, we offer a wide range of skin rejuvenation options, including IPL photofacials for targeted, effective treatment.
Serving the Denver area in Colorado, Vitahl Medical Aesthetics is led by Dr. Tahl Humes. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and find out how IPL photofacials can help improve the look and feel of your skin using clinically-tested light-based therapy.
What are IPL Photofacials?
IPL, or intense pulsed light, is an innovative therapy that uses specially designed light pulses that can be customized to patient?s unique skincare needs for more precise and effective treatment. It is a multi-step process:
- The area being treated is thoroughly cleansed in order to aid in its absorption ability
- A photosensitive medication such as Levulan is applied to the skin and left to penetrate below the surface depending on the extent of correction required
- The treated area is then exposed to a specific wavelength of light. The photosensitive medication is activated, destroying damaged skin cells and targeting the hemoglobin and melanin in vascular lesions. The light energy is converted to heat during this process, clearing the lesions from the skin.
What Do IPL Photofacials Treat?
This non-invasive skin rejuvenation option can be used on multiple areas of the body including the face, arms, chest, and other body areas. IPL photofacials can help correct multiple skin imperfections, such as:
- Sun damage
- Brown spots
- Age spots
- Certain types of lines and wrinkles
- Dilated blood vessels
- Facial redness caused by broken capillaries
What Can I Expect During Treatment?
Protective eyewear will be supplied for you in order to shield your eyes from the intense light. This procedure is typically well-tolerated and generally no topical numbing creams are needed, but these options can be discussed during your consultation. Patients are made comfortable during their IPL photofacial, and our medical team will talk you through the various stages of treatment.
Is There Any Recovery?
A mild redness akin to a slight sunburn typically develops after treatment but should subside within a day. The skin continues to heal itself after the procedure is over, with full effects becoming evident over a matter of several days. Depending on your individual condition, multiple treatment sessions may be required.
Contact Vitahl Medical Aesthetics to schedule a consultation and find out how an IPL photofacial can help improve the look and feel of your skin without extensive procedures or downtime.
IPL – Photo Facial Frequently Asked Questions
What is an IPL Photo Facial and how does it work?
What types of sun damage and what areas can be treated?
What do treatments feel like?
How long will the treatment take?
How many treatments will I need?
What should I expect after the treatment and when will I see results?
Is there any downtime after IPL Photo Facial?
How long will the results last?