As we age, our skin begins to lose its volume and smile lines, marionette lines and chin wrinkles begin to become more prominent. VITAHL Medical Aesthetics Chicago is now offering Sculptra® injectable treatments as a long-term corrective measure to combat the loss of collagen and appearance of wrinkles and facial folds.
What is collagen?
Collagen is the main structural protein found in skin and is a key-component of healthy-looking skin. As we age our natural collagen production decreases. Studies have shown that we lose about one percent of collagen per year after the age of 20. The loss of collagen contributes to the formation of fine lines, wrinkles, and loss of volume in the skin.
What is Sculptra®?
Sculptra® Aesthetic is made from an injectable biocompatible, biodegradable synthetic material called poly-L-lactic acid. It works with your body to help replenish your body’s natural production of collagen and restore volume to your skin. As your body absorbs the poly-L-lactic acid microparticles collagen production is stimulated allowing collagen strands to be rebuilt. This gradual stimulation and rebuilding of collagen helps to add volume back to the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and folds. Sculptra® is intended as a one-time treatment regimen with up to four injection sessions scheduled over the course of three to four months.
Interested in learning more about Sculptra®? Contact us today to schedule your complimentary consultation!
Advantages of Sculptra®:
- Results can last for more than two years
- Reduces the appearance of facial wrinkles and folds
- Natural looking results
- High patient satisfaction rate
What are the possible side effects?
Common side effects include swelling, tenderness, redness, pain, bruising and itching at the injection site. Side effects should subside within a few days following the treatment.
Am I a candidate?
Sculptra® is intended for use by men and women with healthy immune systems interested in gradual correction of shallow to deep facial folds and wrinkles. Set up a complimentary consultation with VITAHL Chicago to determine if Sculptra is the right to choice to help you achieve your aesthetic goals.
Why choose Sculptra® over other options?
There are many options to consider when choosing aesthetic treatments to correct the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, so why choose Sculptra® over these other options?
- Toxins temporarily reduce muscles activity to minimize the appearance of lines and wrinkles and create a smoother appearance with immediate results lasting up to four months
- Fillers, like hyaluronic acid and bovine or porcine collagen, diminish the appearance of lines by filling the space between the dermis with immediate results lasting up to a year
- Sculptra® works with your body to stimulate your own natural collagen production and improve facial volume the appearance of facial wrinkles and folds. The results of Sculptra® treatment appear gradually, typically over the course of three to four months, and can last for more than 2 years. In a clinical study, 80 percent of patients were still satisfied with treatment results 25 months after their last injection.