Are you frustrated by the lack of improvement in your acne, even when using harsh chemical cleansers? If topical acne treatments are not solving your acne problems, laser acne treatment might be the solution. VITAHL Medical Aesthetics Chicago is offering this new and innovative technology to help our clients feel their best and achieve their aesthetic goals.
What is Laser Acne Treatment?
Laser acne treatment uses lasers to target acne lesions, skin tone, and texture created by acne breakouts. There are many different lasers used to treat acne, but they are generally used in one of two ways:
- The laser is used to heat sebaceous (oil) glands in the dermis (this does not have effect on the outer layers of skin) and causes the oil glands to shrink so they produce less oil.
- Some acne can be caused by bacteria on the skin. When the bacteria becomes trapped in hair follicles without oxygen it can cause inflammation. When treating this kind of acne the laser is used to create oxygen in the pore which destroys the bacteria and relieves the inflammation.
Laser acne treatments are not painful, but topical anesthetics can be applied to minimize discomfort during the treatment sessions.
Benefits of Laser Acne Treatment
- Diminishes the appearance of scars left behind by acne
- Reduces the appearance of inflammatory acne
- Smooths uneven texture left behind by acne breakouts
- Quick treatment sessions
- Little to no downtime
Interested in learning more about laser acne treatment? Set up your complimentary consultation with VITAHL Medical Aesthetics Chicago today!
What areas can be treated?
Laser acne treatment is most commonly used to treat acne found on the face, neck, chest, and back.
How long will it take to see results?
Results vary depending on the patient, treated area, and recommended laser treatment. Results are usually noticeable anywhere from three weeks to two months after beginning treatments.
How long will the results last?
Effectiveness and longevity of results can vary from patient to patient, but results are generally long lasting. Some patients may require an occasional follow-up treatment one to two times a year.
What are the side effects?
Potential side effects include mild redness immediately following the procedure. This side effect typically subsides within an hour of treatment. If your treatment requires a photosensitive medication like Levulan you may notice a sunburned appearance to the treated area that can last a couple days following the procedure- this side effect is usually followed by peeling of the skin.
Contact VITAHL Chicago today to find out if you are a candidate for laser acne treatment!